- What to Expect When You Go to Couples Therapy - October 14, 2021
- US Capitol Riot – Talking to Our Kids: Fox 5 Interview - January 8, 2021
- Ways to Enjoy the Holidays – Main Street Living - December 23, 2020
Having a thriving and successful couples practice is within reach!
Successful couples practices require leaders who are dedicated, driven, and confident! That’s what Confident Couples Therapist is all about. My friend and colleague Nancy Ryan and I developed Confident Couples Therapist to help clinicians on their journey to developing a thriving couples practice. We help them navigate the guesswork and trial and error and avoid needless frustration.
We were recently invited to speak with Gordon Brewer on his podcast, The Practice of Therapy. In this podcast we discussed some tips for developing successful couples practices. The need for confident couples therapists has been on the rise in recent months, which makes this topic so timely. During these uncertain times, couples are specifically seeking therapists specializing in couples therapy.
Every therapist has their own personality and style. However, the tips we discussed in this podcast can be helpful to every couples therapist.
Among other things, we discussed the following:
• The value of hiring someone to discuss money and business aspects of the practice and to act as a buffer for the clinicians
• The therapist’s demeanor in session and ability to maintain control when conflict arises with couples
• The ability of a therapist to call out emotions
• The importance of normalizing couples therapy
You can listen to the entire podcast here.
Confident Couples Therapist is hosting a live webinar October 16, 2020 from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. for those who want to learn more about having successful couples practices. You can read more about the webinar and sign up here.